ME 2022 Commencement and Diploma Ceremony
Stanford Mechanical Engineering Diploma Ceremony for the Classes of '20, '21, & '22
The Stanford ME Department is thrilled to welcome the classes of ’20, ’21, & ’22 to participate in our in-person Diploma Ceremony. We’re excited to finally get to celebrate with you as you walk the stage in front of family and friends.
When: Sunday, June 12, 2022, from 12:30 to 3:30 pm, reception to follow
Where: Maples Pavilion, 655 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305. Reception will be held at Chuck Taylor Grove, adjacent to the Avery Aquatic Center and a short walk from the ceremony.
Who: We are inviting the classes of ’20, ’21, and ’22 to participate.
Only students who will be conferring a degree in autumn, winter, spring, or summer of 2021-2022 may participate in the ME Diploma Ceremony as a member of the class of 2022. If you will be graduating in a future quarter (e.g. Autumn 2022, Winter 2023), you will participate as a walkthrough.
Graduate: student who has graduated and conferred a degree in any quarter of 2019-20, 2020-21, or the autumn/winter quarters of 2021-22. Students who will be graduating and conferring their degree in the spring quarter of 2021-22.
Walkthrough: students who will be conferring their degree in the summer quarter of 2022 will need to register as a Walkthrough participant in the ME Diploma Ceremony.
Please bookmark this page and refer to it frequently as more information and changes will be updated here.
- We regret that due to the number of graduates and the capacity limit of Maples Pavilion, we must limit tickets: each graduate will receive 6 tickets to give to their guests.
- Graduates are willing to share tickets that they don’t need with their fellow grads. If you need extra tickets, please reach out to your fellow grads. We do not believe that we will receive extra tickets to distribute.
Graduates: Important things to know and do
Register to attend the ceremony by completing this ME Commencement RSVP Form by May 10, 2022.
If you registered using the link in an earlier email, there is no need to register again.
- Be on the lookout for an email with details about how to get tickets for your family and friends that will follow shortly.
- Bookmark this page and check it regularly for updates and changes.
For Family and Friends
- Students have been given the option to request more than the original 6 ticket allotment. Please work with your graduate if more tickets are needed.
- Please remember to leave enough time to get through the security screening when you enter Maples Pavilion.
- Make your lodging reservations soon. This will be a very busy weekend and lodging will fill quickly. Here are 2 lists of some local lodging options.
- For those not able to attend the ceremony in person, we are live-streaming the event and would be thrilled to have you join us virtually. You may access the live-stream here: https://youtu.be/bngCc1yLjN4
Health and Safety Update
- Clear Bag Policy: Maples Pavilion follows the Public Safety Clear Bag Policy. See the link for details.
- Maples will have a limited bag check station in front of the building, but we cannot guarantee that there will be space available for your bag. Also, please be aware that any checked bag may be subject to inspection when checking it in.
- All attendees are subject to security screening.
- The bagged lunches will be available outside of Maples Pavilion to reduce the risk of covid exposure due to unmasked eating and drinking indoors. We suggest that you find a spot nearby and enjoy your lunch with your circle of friends and family.
- Proof of vaccination and mask usage is not required, but with rising COVID rates, we respectfully request that all guests are masked when in Maples Pavilion. The Public Health Department and the California Department of Public Health strongly recommend that individuals continue to wear masks in all indoor public spaces.
- We follow all federal, state, and local guidelines regarding public health and safety, so please check back here before you arrive.
(all times are approximate)
12:00-12:30pm: Grad Check-In/Line-Up
12:30pm: Ceremony begins
12:45pm: Opening Remarks (~10 minutes)
12:55pm: Graduate Awards (~10 minutes)
1:05pm: Awarding of Doctoral Degrees and Hooding Ceremony (~45 minutes)
1:50pm: Awarding of Master's Degrees (~25 minutes)
2:15pm: Undergraduate Awards (~20 minutes)
2:35pm: Awarding of Bachelor's Degrees (~45 minutes)
3:20pm: Closing Remarks
There will be an accessibility Dropoff tent on Campus Drive right in front of Maples Pavilion. You may drop off/pick up guests needing assistance there.
If you need accommodation for accessibility issues, please email Commencement@stanford.edu.
For information about the main in-person Stanford University Commencement Celebration please go to Stanford's Commencement webpage.
Q: Why are you restricting the number of guests that can attend?
A: Our guest limits are determined by the venue capacity. We initially set the number of guests at 6 people, but have since invited students to reach out if they need more tickets. Please communicate with your graduate if they need additional tickets for Sunday.
Q: If I’m not able to attend the celebration in person, will I still be able to watch my graduate walk the stage?
A: We are live-streaming the ceremony for anyone who is unable to attend in person on the Stanford campus. Please use this link to access our live-stream: https://youtu.be/bngCc1yLjN4
If you have questions that aren’t addressed on this page, please email Mechanical@stanford.edu.