Open to the Public at no charge. Stanford Alumni and Silicon Valley professionals welcome. No Pre-Registration required.
Videos of most sessions are made available via our Youtube Channel by the following Friday of each week.
Our Final 2019 Session addresses one of Europe's most critical and strategic challenges for the 21st Century - how to grow a domestic software industry that can compete globally with the USA and China. Our panel of distinguished speakers - founders, investors, scientists and policy-makers - will address the current state of Continental Europe's software sector in selected countries and regions, and then move to a wide-ranging discussion and debate about the path forward for Europe in software and data.
This special extended session will touch on Europe's track record and initiatives in artificial intelligence (AI), Industry4.0, IoT, embedded systems, cybersecurity, and high performance computing (HPC), along with personal and industrial data management practices and policies, but will move beyond this fragmented framework to a broader strategic consideration of the complete software industry. We shall pay particular attention to diverging corporate valuations, multipliers and job creation benefits associated with consumer software, enterprise software, gaming, social media and data platform business models. The economic cost and benefits of certain data protection and copyright regulations now being implemented in Europe - and their potential for retarding and shrinking demand for new software products and services - will also figure prominently in this Mini-Summit.
- Andy Bechtolsheim - CEO & Chairman, Arista Networks | Co-Founder, Sun Microsystems
- Prof. Dr. Manfred Broy - Founding President, Zentrum Digitalisierung Bayern | Professor, Computer Science, TU Munich (Munich)
- Toomas Hendrik Ilves - President (Emeritus), Republic of Estonia (SV)
- Helen Arnold - President, SAP Data Network
- Kwame Yamgnane - Co-Founder & Managing Director, Ecole 42 USA
- Julia Reda - Member, European Parliament (Invited)
- Xavier Wartelle - CEO, French Tech Hub (SF)
- Jyri Engeström - Partner & Co-Founder, YesVC (SF)
- Richard Socher - Chief Scientist, Salesforce
- Frederic Hanika - Head of M&A, SoftwareAG (SV)
- Henri Deshays - Partner, NewFund (SV | Paris)
- Sergii Gorpynich - CTO, Star (SV | Ukraine | Poland)
- Lasse Andresen - CTO, Forgerock (SV | Norway)
- Alfonso de la Nuez - Founder & CEO, UserZoom (SV | Barcelona)
- Burton Lee - Course Director, Stanford Engineering
JOIN US ONLINE:
* Website: www.StanfordEuropreneurs.org | Twitter: @Europreneurs
* 'European Entrepreneurship' LinkedIn Group (23K+ members)
Stanford's 'European Entrepreneurship and Innovation' weekly speaker series presents founders, entrepreneurs, CEOs, investors and other leaders from Europe's startup, venture finance, corporate and university communities.
Sponsor: Center for Design Research, ME Dept