Open to the Public at no charge. Stanford Alumni and Silicon Valley professionals welcome. No Pre-Registration required.
Videos of most sessions are made available via our Youtube Channel by the following Friday of each week.
European Entrepreneurship & Innovation @ Stanford Engineering (ME421)
Session #3 of Stanford's 'European Entrepreneurship & Innovation' speaker series showcases Flanders Belgium, one of Europe's leading regions for enterprise software and semiconductor startups and industry. One hundred years after the utter devastation of World War 1, Flanders has emerged as a province that has demonstrated a consistent ability to found, finance and grow new enterprise software and semiconductor companies aimed at the global marketplace. Our speakers represent the two main startup formation hubs in Gent and Leuven, with close ties to the University of Gent and KU Leuven. The transformation of 'Flanders Fields' and Limburg from historical foundations in agriculture and heavy industry rooted in coal mining, steel and automotive manufacturing to a tech-based economy is inspirational, and a testament to the work ethic and enduring cultural cohesion and pride of the Flemish business, university and government communities.
- Hendrik Isebaert - Vice President for Sales, Showpad (Gent BE)
- Dirk Wauters - CEO (2002 - 2007) | Media & Software Executive, Siemens Networks Belgium (Leuven BE)
- Nathalie Delrue McGuire - Honorary Consul for Belgium (San Francisco & Silicon Valley) | Board Member, Belcham Bay Area
JOIN US ONLINE:
* Website: www.StanfordEuropreneurs.org | Twitter: @Europreneurs
* 'European Entrepreneurship' LinkedIn Group (23K+ members)
Mondays 4:30pm - 5:50pm. Stanford Engineering's 'European Entrepreneurship and Innovation' is a weekly speaker series that presents founders, entrepreneurs, CEOs, investors and other leaders from Europe's hitech startup, venture finance, corporate and university communities.
Sponsored by the Center for Design Research, Dept of Mechanical Engineering