Open to the Public at no charge. Stanford Alumni and Silicon Valley professionals welcome. No Pre-Registration required.
Videos of most sessions are made available via our Youtube Channel by the following Friday of each week.
European Entrepreneurship & Innovation @ Stanford Engineering (ME421)
Session #6 of Stanford's 'European Entrepreneurship & Innovation' speaker series showcases European innovations in bitcoin payments models. Our kickoff founder and startup, based in Ljubljana (Slovenia), will present a very exciting and unique initiative aimed at establishing 'Bitcoin Cities' across Southeast and Western Europe, as well as in Asia and North America. The session also continues our prior examination of EU GDPR data privacy regulations and how these are affecting Silicon Valley company operations, with a case study of GDPR compliance at a leading San Francisco startup. Finally, we are pleased to present the EU's lead diplomat in the USA for digital economy policy, based in Washington DC, who will discuss recent legislative developments in Brussels.
- Dejan Roljic - CEO & Founder, Eligma (Slovenia)
- Polina Zvyagina - Counsel for Product Privacy, Airbnb (San Francisco)
- Peter Fatelnig - Minister-Counsellor for Digital Economy Policy,Delegation of the European Union to the United States (Washington DC)
JOIN US ONLINE:
* Website: www.StanfordEuropreneurs.org | Twitter: @Europreneurs
* 'European Entrepreneurship' LinkedIn Group (23K+ members)
Mondays 4:30pm - 5:50pm. Stanford Engineering's 'European Entrepreneurship and Innovation' is a weekly speaker series that presents founders, entrepreneurs, CEOs, investors and other leaders from Europe's hitech startup, venture finance, corporate and university communities.
Sponsored by the Center for Design Research, Dept of Mechanical Engineering