Interacting with Thermosciences
There are many benefits for corporations that interact with the Thermosciences Group. One way to interact with our group is to join the Affiliates program.
The Thermal and Fluid Sciences Affiliates Program is an information/collaboration program for companies interested in our research work. The following is a description of the benefits to corporations from the Affiliate program website.
Why Become an Affiliate
- Affiliates get the results of Stanford research prior to any mailing or publication, giving a six-month or one-year advantage.
- A Stanford liaison acts as an interpreter and guide to the work and can ensure that new work is properly implemented in your company.
- Direct access to Stanford faculty expertise and experience to discuss a new idea, ask about a new process or discuss a puzzling situation.
- Affiliates can send two representatives to the annual affiliates conference, where they will hear the current status of all research presented by postdoctoral scholars, faculty and graduate students.
- Facilitation of professional recruiting. Familiarity with our master's and doctoral candidates will make it easier to identify the Stanford students and postdoctoral research staff best suited for the tasks at hand in your company, enabling your hiring decisions to be more solidly based.
- Influence the course of future research at Stanford. Awareness and understanding of your problems will grow with continued contact. When faculty members understand the problems you face, those problems may become candidates for future research.
How to Become an Affiliate
To get your engineers and Stanford's faculty working together on a first-name basis:
- Send your expression of interest to email@example.com
- Complete an Affiliate Agreement and pay $30,000 annually for full benefits.
- Name one of your own technical people as the primary contact point within the company.
- Choose one member of the faculty as your principal liaison. (While the choice is primarily up to the sponsor, the faculty person must also agree to the relationship).