**Proof of English proficiency required before application process begins**
See Stanford’s Bechtel International Center website for forms of proof.
Information and documents needed for the Visiting Scholar application:
- Requested start and end dates of appointment.
- Complete this Online Webform
Online webform requires following:
- CV and brief proposal of expected research while at Stanford (2-3 paragraphs).
- Employer/institution address and phone number (if not on CV).
- Passport: legible copy of biographical page only for Visiting Scholar and each accompanying dependent.
- Proof of funding ($2,500 per month living expense, in addition to $1,923 per month for CDR Visitor Fee). Proof of funding is also required for dependent living expenses (per month: $600 for spouse, $300 per child).
- Proof of funding financial documents include bank statements, letters from employer providing support, letters regarding grants, or scholarships from an organization/institution, etc. Proof of funding should be shown in U.S dollars or include a conversion showing U.S. dollar equivalent of foreign currency.
- Address formated the following way for sending DS-2019 via FedEx, once it’s ready:
Company (if applicable)