Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation

Adding an ME Degree

Main content start

Graduate Authorization Petition Overview

Graduate students enrolled in a PhD program in mechanical engineering may apply to pursue the MS in Mechanical Engineering in order to complement their PhD program. 

Graduate students in related departments at Stanford, who wish to add or change their MS program to mechanical engineering must apply through the external application process. We do not accept Graduate Authorization Petitions to change graduate departments or add a second master's program.

Current Stanford students may refer to the ME Student Intranet for information about the Graduate Authorization Petition (Grad Auth).