Biomechanical Engineering Offices and Labs
The BME offices are primarily located in the Clark Center and on the 2nd floor of building 520, 452 Escondido Mall. The main BME administrative office is room 218.
The BME Laboratories are designed to integrate mechanical testing with experimental techniques from fundamental biology to clinical studies (including direct patient studies). The BME laboratories are state-of-the-art, and include facilities for cell and tissue culture, mechanical testing, tissue preparation and a surgical simulation.
- David Camarillo | The Cam Lab
- Ovijit Chaudhuri | Chaudhuri lab
- Steven Hartley Collins | Biomechatronics Laboratory
- Mark Cutkosky | Stanford Biomimetics and Dextrous Manipulation Laboratory
- Reiner Dauskardt | Reiner H. Dauskardt Research Group
- Scott Delp | NeuroMuscular Biomechanics Laboratory
- Thomas Kenny | Stanford Micro Structures and Sensors Lab
- Ellen Kuhl | Computational Biomechanics Laboratory
- Marc Levenston | Soft Tissue Biomechanics Laboratory (STBL)
- Alison Marsden | Cardiovascular Biomechanics Computation Lab
- Michaëlle Ntala Mayalu | Mayalu Lab
- Fritz Prinz | Nanoscale Prototyping Laboratory
- Juan Santiago | Stanford Microfluidics Laboratory
- Sindy Tang | Sindy Tang Research Group
- Paul Yock | Stanford Biodesign
- Xiaolin Zheng | Xiaolin Zheng Research Group
Many BME Group activities and resources are associated with the Bone and Joint Rehabilitation R&D Center of the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. This major national research center houses the Experimental Mechanics, Skeletal Biomechanics, Human Movement Testing and wet laboratories. In addition, the RR&D Center has computational and prototyping facilities. These facilities support graduate course work as well as student research activities.
Research is also conducted in various facilities throughout the School of Engineering and School of Medicine. In collaboration with our Medical School colleagues, biologically and clinically oriented work is conducted in various facilities throughout the Stanford Medical Center and the VA Palo Alto Health Care System.